Must-Have Snacks for Dorms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Living in a dorm and adjusting to dining hall cuisine can get boring after some time. However, it’s hard to store good snacks in your dorm due to limited storage space. Here a few suggestions for snacks that are easy to keep in your dorm for when you need to eat but you don’t want to walk all the way to Kimball.

Granola Bars

Granola Bars are perfect dorm snacks, as they can be eaten at any time of day and stay fresh forever. Get a wide variety of flavors to satisfy any potential craving.

Yogurts

Yogurts can be a great source of protein, which is essential to your diet. If you’re running late to class and don’t have time to stop at Kimball, yogurts are easy to devour quickly. Yogurts expire more quickly than the rest of the items on the list, so make sure to eat them before their best by date!

Hummus

Hummus is one of my favorite things in the world. I dip anything and everything in it. It’s a great staple for your dorm room fridge.

Cheese Sticks

Cheese sticks are a fantastically easy snack to enjoy and to store. Throw a bunch in your fridge for whenever you need a little pick-me-up.

Crackers

Dipping supplies are essential. Crackers are versatile enough to pair with any items in your fridge, from hummus to cheese.

Cookies

Dessert is a dorm must-have. You’re definitely going to want a sugar fix at some point during the day, so make sure you have something handy. Cookies are my favorite because they remind me of home.

Bridget is a Senior English major at Holy Cross. She likes books, yoga, Taylor Swift, feta cheese, and reality TV. When she grows up, she wants to be Miss Havisham or Jia Tolentino.