This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

My first time doing hot yoga was against my will as my parents forced me to go at the age of 15. I absolutely hated it. I didn’t think twice about never doing it again. That was until recently, when I realized I really enjoy group workout classes, and how motivating they can be. My roommate and I tried a Pilates class near school, but it just didn’t fulfill us. I had heard good things about this one hot yoga place, but because of my first experience with hot yoga, I didn’t really take it into account. My father had recommended that I do yoga to ease my busy college mind, and I remembered about that one place. I decided to drink a LiquidIV and go for it! (Hydration was definitely key, because even though I was sweating everything out I didn’t get lightheaded). I absolutely loved it! The way I felt after was incredible. It was a mental and physical workout, and the amount of sweat attests to that release of toxins. After class, I signed up for a package that gave me unlimited classes for 2 weeks. I took advantage of that and tried to do it every other day. It definitely made me feel better holistically, which I haven’t really found through other forms of exercise. Now, it’s definitely my preferred workout, which I couldn’t have foreseen as my 15-year-old self. I highly recommend it! 

Sophie Steinbach

Holy Cross '25

Current sophomore at the College of the Holy Cross.