Five Ways to Cure those Rainy Day Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

It’s November weather here at Holy Cross, and I’m sure many of you are beginning to feel down in the slumps from all the rain. BUT, here at Her Campus Holy Cross we have some fun ways to cure your blues and make your day shine a little brighter!

1. Add a spunk of color to your outfits: maybe its in a form of a bright scarf, patterned rain boots, or fun sweater. The rain might not go away, but your outfit will make your day just a little bit brighter.
  2. Get some exercise- try one of the many Holy Cross exercise classes offered whether that is a yoga or a spin class! Mix up your exercise routine, and meet some new people while you’re at it.
  3. Take a nap. You probably need one as life can get quite busy at Holy Cross. Taking a nap will leave you feeling rejuvenated after a long day allowing you to become more productive at night and increasing your overall health.
  4. Gather your girlfriends together and host your own mini spa day. Together, you can paint each others nails, make facial masks, or give massages. Also, be sure to checkout another Holy Cross article about beauty products found on the Hill for more ideas. https://www.hercampus.com/school/holy-cross/beauty-products-found-hill
  5. Treat yourself to a chai latte or hot chocolate from Cool Beans as it will surely warm you up after a cold rainy day!