Five Pros and Cons of Being Extremely Impulsive at the College of the Holy Cross

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1:

Pro: Everyone loves your free spirit and “f*** it, lets do it” attitudeWhen people need a break or are looking to have a good time they look to you.

Con: Everyone hates your free spirit and “f*** it, lets do it” attitude.When your friends are trying to be productive or mature, they low key hate you and wish that you would magically clap yourself out of the productivity circle.

2:

Pro: You meet a ton of new peopleYou never know who you’ll run into at the Boulevard at 3 am. Maybe your wild, young, free, and sexy future husband is in there for just the same reasons that you are: pancakes that is. <3

Con: You meet a ton of new peopleYou literally never know who you’ll run into at the Boulevard at 3 am…no sir I think i’ll pass on heading home with you and your lovely hooker girlfriend.

3:

Pro: You will gain things you never could have imaginedThe free “I like girls who drink Busch” t-shirt you got at Leitrums for going out on that Wednesday that everyone stayed in studying for midterms is simply an irreplaceable trinket  you will cherish forever.

Con: You will gain things you never could have imaginedI.e. Target fruit snacks, Forever 21 earrings, Wendy’s chicken sandwich, and $50 of gas used to provide fuel on impulsive adventures…your wallet could have never imagined these purchases and hates you dearly. Your stomach is aboard this hate train as well.

4:

Pro: People expect the unexpected from youIf anyone is going to buy a keg on their parents credit card, get breakfast for dinner, show up to a party with an ensemble of friends singing “Who Let The Dogs Out”, or start a crazy-fun drinking game out of a cardboard pizza box, it’s you.  

Con: People expect the unexpected from youThere is a very likely chance that more than once you will find yourself in a situation where you think, “No one in the entire world but me would get herself in this situation right now”. To the girl who ate shit on stage after dancing to “Big Booty” with socks in your pants as butt implants- you are not alone. Your impulsive, girl pals are by your side, and don’t worry we’re laughing with you…and at you duh.

5:

Pro: No RagratsThe best part about being impulsive in college is that if you are willing to do it, there’s a good chance that you won’t be embarrassed about it. As a member of the Impulsive Girls of Holy Cross Society, (it’s real, look it up) you have the obligation to “Lift High the Cross.” In reality,  we all know this is just German for “Lift High Your Head And Own Your Hilarious, Impulsive Shit”  (Learning German is taking me a while). Anyways, as a wise man once said, “No Ragrats”.

Con: No RagratsWe’ll keep this one short and simple…if A is messing around and sometimes taking up long periods of time doing impulsive impractical things…and B is class Monday through Friday…then A + B = C…. means that you missed a class ONCE OR TWICE (no more than that because we are academics). So, we take this con proudly knowing we gave up a grammar lesson or two but gained a sense of how to be awesome…as a wise man once said, “No Ragrats”.

Moral of the story, if you find yourself spinning out of control in the “I can’t stop myself from doing insanely fun, crazy, potentially inappropriate, and definitely weird things” category, you are warmly nestled amongst Holy Cross’s finest impulsive people. If we had the rest of the century and half of the next one to go on, I would begin to share with you all of the impulsive things that my friends and I have accomplished. However, there is clearly not enough time to do that and also hop in the car and drive to a paintball range right now, so I will have to choose the latter.  Moral of story: living your life to the fullest is by far the funniest (reference con #5) way to live. No one can ever tell you to stop being you, so eat that waffle and wear those slippers to Kimball SISTA. <3

Meg Ayers

Holy Cross

Orca whale enthusiast. Lover of stars and glitter. Blogger and eater.