Cool For The Summer; Fresh For The Fall: A Glitter-Obsessed-Gal’s Secrets to a Seamless Seasonal Style Swap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1.     Knaughty Knit

No need to lay on layer upon layer just yet! Transition into your autumnal-wear gradually by working not-so-basic knits into your wardrobe with combinations still reminiscent of the summer sun:  grab your fave high-waisted flowy shorts and pair with a cozy cropped sweater for day and opt for a more structured version of the top at night with burgundy or gold a-line skirt! This trend will add polish to your otherwise easy-breezy, im-practically-freez(ing) look!

2. Geek Is Chic

If eyes had an astrological sign, they would undoubtedly be of the ~Leo~ spirit: center stage, commanding everyones gaze! Give your captivating beauties the love they deserve this fall: adorn your face with bold, geometric specs in ever-so-flattering, ultra-chic tortoiseshell.  Instantly your look goes from coulda-been to INTELLECTUAL SHOWSTOPPER. (& did I mention super friendly and approachable? yes & yes.)

3. Girl Gone Lengthy

While denim is certainly having a #moment, let’s not leave all the fun to rugged jean minis reminiscent of the ‘90s era.  In fact, this fall, miniskirts are no more and bold, calf-graving, quirky skirts are your next shopping-spree SCORE! Inspiration for these eye-catchers are everywhere this autumn; monochrome kelly green leaves are (PCE!) ouuuuuut, and pumped up the volume with tulle and rosettes, pretty little pleats, and lots of shimmer are taking center stage. Who says the leaves get to have all the fun?! Pair one of these utmost unique Anthro options with a fitted, basic crop or your coziest sweater.

4. Talkin’ Bout Textiles

What makes autumn so *ahhhhmazing* is the feeling of the earth blooming all around us; can I get a #HOLLA for embracing positive change?!  Ditch your basic cotton dresses this season for those in luxurious leather and supple suede.  These powerhouses are sure to amp up your style and give you a serious boost of #bossgirl confidence to take your day by STORM!

5. Ombré Los Manos

No matter how many instas we see of Khloé K or how many times we have tried (and failed miserably) at box-dyeing, we cannot deny we secretly dream of somehow achieving g the forever-a-thing ombré trend.  This style has brushed its way far beyond our tresses over the past few years and, this fall, the trend is amping up its #nailgame with a glittery twist.  Don’t throw shade at your brightest polishes just yet, this autumn exuberant blues, shimmering golds, and purples that POP are everywhere.  What are you waiting for? Grab ahold of those bold and luminescent “bell bottom blues” and I’ll meet you “in the lobby” ;-) #EssieIsOurBestie

Alicia Perry

Holy Cross

Sophomore and History and English double major at the College of the Holy Cross