Off Campus Foodies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Getting tired of the routine of Kimball, lower, crossroads, and cool beans? But also feel like trying something other than Panera or Chipotle? Here are some of the top college-budget friendly places you should try around the WOO!

Coney Island Lunch

It’s not gourmet or health food but it’s a great place for a cheap lunch with the best hot dogs I’ve ever tasted. The interior alone is a reason to visit this landmark of a lunch spot because it still has booths and decorations from around the 1930’s.This eatery prides itself on using local products including Polar beverages. Definitely worth the visit!

Prices range from $2-10

Be good

Located right off of Shrewsbury street, this fast-food chain restaurant offers a wide-variety of health foods for every taste. Some of their top menu items are kale & grain bowls, seasonal salads, burger & sandwiches, smoothies & shakes. My personal favorite is the curry and grilled avocado bowl with grilled chicken! I would also try their smoothies!

Prices range from $4-15

Miss Worcester

This iconic diner is well known throughout the United States for their exquisite french toast options and class breakfast menu. Just remember they only take cash!

Prices range from $3-10

Culpeppers

You will feel like you are home, when you walk into this breakfast eatery, their menu focuses on homestyle cooking and fast service. There omelets are delicious and also offer an array of fresh Italian baked goods.

Prices range from $3-10

Nu cafe

The perfect cozy cafe with tables and free wifi as well as outlets to get some work done. I would recommend their espresso beverages and the Honey Goat Avocado: 2 fresh cracked eggs, creamy avocado, scallions and honey goat cheese on toasted ciabatta. **mouth watering**They also have a vast array of gluten-free food.

Prices range from $3-14

If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.