Personally, the thought of leaving my bed and the great company that is Netflix and pita chips does not sound appealing when faced with the prospect of working out. However, it doesn’t always have to be so difficult! Here are the perks of making it to the Hart Center once you’ve eventually motivated yourself and bid farewell to the comfort of immobility
1. Everyone thinks you’re athleticMost of us may not be Division I athletes, but no one needs to know that! True, you may have to face walking past the varsity athlete weight room on your trek up to the NARP gym, but at least you’re making a strong effort. In fact, you look like you could join in on those sprints the track team is doing. Even if this is the first time you’ve been all week, you’ll at least appear to be fit and sporty!
2. You get to wear cute workout clothesLulu Lemon, here I come! Going to the gym gives you a chance to rock that new pair of workout leggings or tank you bought last week, so there’s no doubt you’ll look fabulous as you work it on the elliptical or while doing abs. Plus, exercise clothes are super comfortable without being the sweatpants and sweatshirts we all really wish we were in.
3. It clears your headAfter a long day of studying and stressing about various things, working out helps to give you a fresh look on things. It provides a much-needed distraction, and you get a nice mental health break all while burning calories! We all know exercising releases endorphins, which are shown to make us feel happier and boost our overall mood, so while we may be exhausted and dripping in sweat as we hit the 27th minute on our run, it will all be worth it!
4. You can watch cute boys practicingWe’ve probably all discovered by now the great view we get from the window by the bikes, ellipticals, and treadmills. No need to worry about being bored during your workout- if you’re lucky, you get to watch all the cute boys either at practice or walking by on their way to practice!
5. You won’t feel bad about indulging laterIt’s hard to resist snacking a little, especially when you are up late studying and need some energy. Fortunately, working out will help lessen or eliminate the guilt you might feel about having two (or three or four) desserts. After all, you definitely deserve to splurge a little if you’ve made the time to go to the gym in the first place!