samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

23 Affirmations to Get You Through The Fall ’23 Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

We’re now a couple weeks into fall semester. As things are ramping up and midterms are happening, I personally like to repeat some affirmations to myself to remember everything will work out. You can practice these either by saying them out loud, in your head, or even in the mirror to yourself. It may seem weird at first, but the more into it you are the more you’ll believe in yourself!

Academic

1. “I am intelligent. I made it this far and I will make it even further”
  1. “My brain is capable of amazing things. It will get me where I need to go.”
  1. “I will remember everything I need to know (for an exam, presentation ect.)”
  1. “I am able to make time for what matters. If there is no time, then it must not be worth my time”
  1. “I am capable of achieving amazing things”
  1. “My grades do not determine my self worth”

Self Image

1. “I was made this way on purpose and I am perfect because of that”
  1. “My brain is part of my beauty”
  1. “I am able to light up a room with my presence”
  1. Even just stating things you love about yourself

Ex. I love my eyes; I have an amazing smile; my hair looks amazing today; my brain is beautiful, it will get me through; my legs are strong, they will carry me

1. “I am loved, there are people who care about me”
  1. “My body is beautiful; it supports me and is there for me”
  1. “My mind is beautiful; it creates beautiful images and allows me to be creative”
  1. “My voice is beautiful; it allows me to communicate with my friends and loved ones”
  1. “My voice is powerful; I have th ability to make a difference and stand up for myself”

1. “I will get where I am meant to be”
  1. “Everything happens for a reason”
  1. “I am surrounded by beauty, and I am able to recognize it”
  1. “My person will come into my life”
  1. “I am a strong independent (woman, man, non-gender conforming person) and I have gotten this far because of and for myself”
  1. “I belong where I am”
  1. “Even if times are hard right now, I know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel”
  1. “My life is in my control”
Callie Gillan

Holy Cross '26

Callie is a current sophomore at Holy Cross and is studying Political Science and Psychology. In her free time she loves reading, trying new coffee places and going to the beach.