This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

SOPHOMORE

MAJOR: PUBLIC RELATIONS

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN AT HOFSTRA?

I am involved on a semi-frequent basis with PRSSA, and I am heavily involved with the radio station, WRHU, as the Music Director.”

WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO COME TO HOFSTRA?

“I decided to come to Hofstra for a change of scenery and more opportunities. Hofstra is really close to the city; it’s not Oregon. Oregon is awesome if you like hiking, trees, and coffee shops, which I love, but I want more than that. I wanted to come to Hofstra to do radio stuff, meet cool people, and have real world experiences that I wouldn’t get at home.”

HOW DID YOU BECOME MUSIC DIRECTOR FOR WRHU?

“I started out as producer of the Airwave show, which is basically the indie and alternative show, and from there I applied to be Music Director and got the position.”

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT BEING MUSIC DIRECTOR?

“I like being able to review all of the music that I am being sent from promoters. I like to see all of the new trends in music before they trickle down to the masses.”

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WRHU BEING NOMINATED FOR A MTVU WOODIE AWARD?

“Really stoked. I think that it is probably one of the coolest things to happen while I am here because the Marconi Award was awesome and so was the Princeton Review, but this is more music-oriented. It is a nice pat on the back and shows that we know what we are doing really well, and it’s not just sports and news.”

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN TEN YEARS?

“In ten years I see myself living in the Pearl District of Portland with a small apartment and a dog and a barbeque. I walk my dog outside and see people that I know while downtown because it is a little neighborhood. I come back to my apartment and there is an up-and-coming band inside hanging out because we are all friends and I am signing them to go on tour.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!