Your First Week Back to School as Told By the Cast of Queer Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s already a new semester…can you believe?

We sure can’t – and whether you’re a first-year student or a seasoned upperclassman, there are some things about the first week back to school that we all know to be true. And who better to explain it than the Fab Five from Netflix’s beloved makeover show Queer Eye?!  Pay attention, henny: this is what the first week of school is like, as told by our favorite guys from Queer Eye

When you see your best friend on campus for the first time since you moved back in. 

Giphy

When you realize you should have brought more of your clothes to fill your tiny closet. 

Giphy

When you look in the mirror and give yourself that *first day of class* pep talk. 

Giphy

When you spot your bestie in one of your classes. 

Giphy

When you remember just how trash the campus food actually is. 

Giphy

When your professor starts their first lesson after going over the syllabus. 

Giphy

The first twenty minutes of your day before you get coffee. 

Giphy

You @ your planner. 

Giphy

When your skin is already starting to get stress acne. 

Giphy

When your friends suggest getting drinks to celebrate the end of the first week…

Giphy

…versus when your bestie texts a f*ck boy after too many drinks. 

Giphy

When you’re trying to have a good time while out but all you can think of is how much you miss your pet at home. 

Giphy

When you realize just how thankful you are to be back on campus for another semester with your friends. 

Giphy

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.