This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

You know all about your Rising, Sun and Moon signs, but have you thought about your Venus placements? With Valentine’s Day coming up this week, love is in the air. The placement of Venus in your chart (if you do not know where Venus is in your chart click here!) explains how you feel towards love, how you act in romantic relationships and what qualities you search in an S.O. Below we have explained Venus throughout the signs to get you ready for Valentine’s Day!

Aries 

When Venus meets fiery Aries, love is full of passion and boldness. If you have this placement, you are independent and impulsive when it comes to love. You are always the first to make a move and enjoy the chase of pursuing a relationship. However, once caught, you may become bored with routine. Your ideal partner is one who has their own passions and is interested in what they do in their own life.

Taurus 

If your Venus is in Taurus, you are not the type to rush into love. You are cautious when it comes to love and prefer to take the slow and steady route. But, once you do commit to someone, you are completely devoted. Your ideal partner is someone who is patient and also knows the importance of moving slowly to ensure a meaningful relationship.

Gemini

As a Venus in Gemini, you are all about meeting new people. You are talkative, flirty and curious. You know that there are many fish in the sea and you enjoy exploring all your options before settling down. You may be hard to pin down because you are looking for someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously. Your ideal partner is clever, always ready to have long conversations about absolutely anything and must be funny.

Cancer

As a Venus in Cancer, you deeply value the emotional bond in your relationships. It may be hard to get past your tough outer shell, but once you open up, you have a sensitive soul. You may look for love in the wrong places to avoid getting hurt. Once you take a risk, you will find the right person that will make you feel safe and secure. In your relationships, you may be very intuitive about what is unspoken between you and S.O. Your ideal partner is someone with a big heart who values trust as much as you do.

Leo 

When Venus meets Leo, love can be focused too much on the status of your partner rather than the relationship. You want to be proud of who you are with, but remember, if you look for superficial qualities, your relationships will fall flat. What you really want in a relationship is all the cliche grand themes of love, like the ultimate soulmate. You look for someone with confidence and spontaneity.

Virgo

Reserved and loyal, a Venus in Virgo may not show a lot of emotion at first but are sensitive to what others think. You appreciate someone who is punctual and has wholesome qualities. When getting to know someone, you can be detached and critical of the other person. It is important that you open up your heart and be less harsh when looking for a partner. Your ideal partner is someone with integrity and who understands that you are private, but sensitive as well. 

Libra

As a Venus in Libra, you shower your S.O. with kindness, but in return, you expect the same. Balance and harmony are a must in your relationships, which can lead you to avoid deeper conversations at times. You are a romantic at heart and love every stage of a relationship. You want a fairytale romance. It can take some time for you to commit, but that’s only because you want to ensure that there is chemistry between the two of you.

Scorpio

Considered mysterious and seductive, a Venus in Scorpio is probably the most private sign of the zodiac. You want to learn all of your partner’s deepest secrets and desires, but in return, it will take you time to open up. The lack of vulnerability can make you come off as closed-off and cold, but in actuality, you love committed relationships (when you want one). You’re most likely to look for people who are open-books and will make you feel comfortable.

Sagittarius 

For those with a Venus in Sagittarius, there are no limits in love for you. As a constant adventurer, you look for growth and exploration in your partners. You are not afraid of the risks and jump headfirst into your relationships. You require freedom, though, and don’t like being tied down and labeled as a typical couple.

Capricorn 

A Venus in Capricorn is someone who thinks of relationships as an investment because you want to be in it for the long-run. You’re strict when it comes to who you decide to give your heart to and are not afraid to wait however long it takes to meet “the one.” Though not as closed off as Scorpios, it can take some time for you to warm up to someone. You are career-driven and goal-oriented, which can carry into your relationships as you look for people who are just as accomplished and driven.

Aqaurius 

As a Venus in Aquarius, conventional relationships are not your thing. You’re looking for someone who is passionate and can inspire you to think outside the box. You don’t like the idea of someone “owning” you, but prefer being in an equal partnership where trying new things is always a constant. Being single is not a worry for you. You don’t mind being on your own and don’t get jealous often, if ever at all.

Pisces

If you have a Venus in Pisces, you love to love. As a constant daydreamer, you envision poetic fantasies of meet-cutes and your future wedding. You love connecting with your S.O. over your mutual love of art, music and spiritual passions. Empathy and compassion are your strong suits and you will always be there for your partner. Commitment is a must in any of your relationships. You don’t like being played and require serenity and attention in every relationship.

Whether you’re an open-book or more reserved, everyone expresses their love for one another in their own unique way. This Valentine’s Day, celebrate the special qualities of your S.O.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.
Nicole is a sophomore at Hofstra University majoring in Journalism with a minor in Creative Writing. She enjoys writing moody poems, adding clothes to her Depop cart and bringing up astrology in any and every conversation. Also, did she mention she is a scorpio?