Worst Pumpkin Flavored Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall has basically become the season of pumpkin-flavored everything. Yes, pumpkin can be nice flavor for a pie or even in the occasional pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, but it’s reached the point where we aren’t saying, “What can we find that’s pumpkin flavored?” but instead “Is there anything that isn’t pumpkin flavored?” If you don’t believe that the craze has gone too far, check out some of these pumpkin-flavored foods.

Pumpkin Spice Flavored Candy Corn

Why would you mess with candy corn’s classic flavor?

Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt

Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt has a pumpkin pie flavor. Thanks, but I’ll probably stick to vanilla and strawberry.

Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses

But… Hershey kisses are supposed to be chocolate.

Pumpkin Spice Milano Cookies

I’ll probably stick with the original Milano cookies.

Pumpkin Spice English Muffins

If I want pumpkin spice in the morning, I’ll just have it in my coffee.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Pringles

Even chips are taking the pumpkin spice route. Maybe this is Pringles’ idea of competing with Lay’s new flavors, like their New York Reuben and Greektown Gyro?

Pumpkin Spice Chicken Sausage

Stop and Shop’s brand Nature’s Promise put out a pumpkin spice flavored chicken sausage that’s sounds far from appealing.

Pumpkin Spice Hummus 

I guess it’s at least healthy?

Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin seeds

It’s like pumpkin inception.

Pumpkin Dog Treats

Okay so this is technically dog food, but I still needed to add it to the list. I’m fairly certain that your dog doesn’t even know what time of year it is, let alone that pumpkin is “all the rage” these days.

So maybe it’s time we take a little break from pumpkin and enjoy some other fall flavors. Classic cinnamon is always good. 

Journalism and English: Publishing major at Hofstra University, Class of 2017
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.