Winter Formal Dresses for Every Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s officially December and Christmas is in the air! Take a break from shopping for friends and family and treat yourself to a new dress for winter formal. Rocking one of these dresses is sure to make you stand out and the boys won’t be able to help themselves under that mistletoe.

1. The holidays are all about glitz and glam. Try rocking a cute mini dress with lots of sequins and glitter, like this black dress from Nordstrom! Classic black is always a hit but gold, silver, and red are also perfect for the winter season.

2. Heat up the cold winter night with a fiery red dress. This pop of color will stand out from the crowd of LBD’s. This dress from Nasty Gal is especially eye-catching with its dramatic plunging neckline!

3. If you want all eyes on you, opt for an eye-popping print! People won’t be able to help themselves but compliment you and your daring style. Try something like this dress from Forever 21!

4. Velvet isn’t just for ugly childhood photos from the 90s anymore! This vintage fabric is making a strong comeback just in time for the holidays. Plus the fabric is so soft your date won’t be able to take his hands off you! Try a deep red like this one from Nasty Gal!

5. For a more romantic look, try a bit of lace. If a full lace feels too old fashion, go for a dress with some simple lace detailing or flirty lace cut outs, like this one from Rent the Runway!