Why Spring Semester is the Best at Hofstra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Thank goodness spring is finally here! To be completely honest, when winter is finally over, isn’t spring the best everywhere? Well, the answer is yes but spring is extra great at Hofstra. Here are my reasons for that statement: 

It starts to get absolutely beautiful on campus.

Hofstra’s campus is beautiful, honestly, at any time of the year. But during spring, it takes an even better approach. Whether it’s the trees, tulips, or one of the many different types of flowers we have on campus, Hofstra defiantly wins the prettiest campus in my book!

The days get longer.

In the spring, the days seem to get longer because the sun rises earlier and it sets much later. For some, this makes it seem easier to get more work done during the day and to be more productive than in the winter. Or to just take two naps instead of one!

It’s WARM OUT!

The warm weather brought by spring makes people feel more interested in spending time outside studying, hanging out with friends, or even just reading. (At least for me anyway).

Hofstra has a ton of events going on outside which makes spring even better! (including free food!)

Hofstra puts on a festival in the spring that is bound to get you outside and active. They also have a farmer’s market available on campus on Wednesdays where you can use your meal plan points to get really fresh food!

Hofstra also tends to put on a lot of events that include free food for students! 

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.