This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Whether it’s your food or your outfit of the day, we can’t help to post a picture on our social media accounts. Nowadays, we can easily take high quality photos and add filters but there’s a more fun way to take photos. Think about it, when was the last time you used a device other than your phones to take a photo? I’m here to talk about the fun of using Polaroid cameras!

One Time, One Shot

Unlike your camera phones, you can’t go back and delete your pictures on a Polaroid. You have exactly one chance to take your photo, and what’s more exciting than getting your friends together fast? Make a funny face, pose and make sure no one blinks! You have one chance to capture the moment, so be ready!

Anticipation is the Best Part

While you wait for your photo to develop, you can’t stop thinking about how it came out. Did all your friends make it in the photo? Did someone blink? Was the lighting perfect? You can’t go back and edit it. Trust me, no matter how your photos turn out, I’m sure you will remember these memories forever. Remember to put your Polaroid picture in a dark place so it can develop properly!

You Can Never Forget

Sure, you can use your location feature on your phone but, there’s something more fun than taking a photo and getting it in that very moment. With all the time and effort put into this one shot, there is this special memory you can’t forget of the place. Polaroid photos are great especially during festivals or concerts. You can always relive these memories through pictures!

Decoration

Let’s be real, Polaroid pictures have a cute and vintage feel. You can store these photos in your wallet, make them into gifts for friends, hang them on your wall or even put them in a scrapbook. There are tons of frames that will accommodate your little Polaroid photo too.

Without a doubt, you can print and save photos from your phone and they will be better quality. And with a Polaroid camera, you have to constantly restock film. But, when you take Polaroid photos, you are guaranteed a memorable and fun time!

Happy snapping!

New Yorker and a passion for tech and fashion.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.