This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

My sister is my best friend; there is no doubt about this in my mind. She is the person I call with good news, but more often than not, she is the person I call freaking out about everything and anything – she’s my person.

Photo Courtesy of Sarah Wood

Now it has not always been this way – that much is obvious to anyone who has a sister. We fought all the time when we were little and well into high school, and I am not going lie, we even fight now, but not nearly as often. Getting older has brought us much closer together.

Photo Courtesy of Kristen Zulkosky

She and I get along now because we have spent so much time together and we really understand each other’s perspectives. We have also experienced a lot of the same things in life, both good and bad, and that has definitely brought us closer. We deal with the same crazy family together, we get to laugh when they are crazy and we cry together whenever anything bad happens.

Photo Courtesy of Kristen Zulkosky

We also have never had to go through a getting to know you phase, so there have never been an awkward phase between us. On top of this, there has never been secrets between us, we literally know everything about each other. I could trust my sister with anything and everything as I have been doing my whole life.

Photo Courtesy of Kristen Zulkosky

I love my sister not because I have to, but because she is my favorite person in the world and honestly I could not live with out her. She is my person, she is my best friend and my sister. She is someone who keeps me sane whenever I am freaking out, and who I turn to whenever anything good happens to me.

Photo Courtesy of Kristen Zulkosky

I love you Lindsey!

Danielle Zulkosky is currently a Junior in the Honors College at Hofstra University where she is double majoring in Journalism and Political Science. She is currently the Program Director of Talk at 88.7 FM WRHU, the Vice President of the Hofstra University Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. In the Fall of 2017, she interned with the MSNBC Booking Department. When she's not busy with her many other clubs she's in you can find her writing for Her Campus or hanging out with her sisters in Alpha Epsilon Phi! After college, she hopes to get any journalism job offered to her. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: @DZulkosky