College Women Freeze Eggs
College Women Freeze Eggs
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Style

This is Where You Should Buy Your Jeans, According to HC Hofstra Members

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Buying denim is hard. There are so many factors to consider: length, fit, denim wash. Shopping for jeans can genuinely be an exhausting experience, especially if you don’t have the body of a Victoria’s Secret model (which, quite frankly, none of us really do.)

Luckily, there are some stores out there that cater to the needs of every body shape, size, etc., and don’t cost a fortune. HC Hofstra members know what it’s like to struggle with denim shopping, so they’re giving you their best tips to save you the anxiety of searching for your perfect denim match. Without further ado, let’s get into the denim diaries. 

Two Hanged Blue Stonewash And Blue Jeans
Mica Asato / Pexels

Name: Alexis Marking

Favorite store: Garage

Why?: Fit perfectly, stretch just enough, rips in the right spots, make the booty look good

Cost: $25-65 depending on style

Name: Autumn Dion

Favorite store: American Eagle

Why?: The are so so stretchy and very true to size

Cost: Around $30-$40

Name: Olivia Crowley

Favorite store: Madewell

Why?: They are comfortable and make me feel confident!

Cost: Around $70 with student discount & their denim recycling program

Name: Cat Bohnenberger

Favorite store: Target

Why?: Super comfortable and cute

Cost: $10

Name: Micaela Erickson

Favorite store: AE

Why?: I love their mom jeans, and they make jeans in short, extra short, long and extra long! They also make curvy jeans which are amazing.

Cost: $30-40, usually have good discounts

Name: Cassity Stewart

Favorite store: Madewell

Why?: They’re durable and the wash goes with everything I own

Cost: $60 (with discounts, they’re usually around $100)

Name: Sabrina Josephson

Favorite store: Express

Why?: Stretchy and great fit

Cost: $40

Name: Claire Blaha

Favorite store: AE Why?: Because they are curvy, they are a size smaller than what I usually buy. I also like the medium wash and high waist because they go with almost all of my tops.

Cost: $45

Name: Madeline Merinuk

Favorite store: Levi’s

Why?: Although these jeans can be a bit pricey, they’ve lasted me for years and they never look too worn. Also they have that good ass fit. 

Cost: $80 *screams*

Name: Arianna Leibowitz

Store: AE

Why?: They fit perfectly! Their curvy jeans hug me right where they are supposed to and they make my butt look amazing

Cost: Some can cost over $50 but if you know when the deals are you can get it for as low as $14

Name: Faith Cheehan

Favorite store: Target

Why?: Flexible/ stretchy, make your ass look amazing

Cost: $15

Name: Paige Strout

Favorite store: AE

Why?: Fit well and they have a shorter length option

Cost: $40

Middle Finger Butt Feminism Angry Mad
Molly Longest / Her Campus

We basically just solved all of your denim-shopping problems. You’re welcome in advance.

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.
Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!