Style > Beauty

What’s In My Makeup Bag? A Beauty Addict’s Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Buying makeup is one of my favorite things to do! I am always looking for the best products. I’ve been experimenting with different makeup techniques since I was in 8th grade. It’s easy to say that I have gotten much better over the years. If I could buy a new product every day, I would. I’ve chosen to share five of my favorite products in my makeup bag. 

I never used to use a primer, until I found this one. It is the Makeup Forever basic moisturizing primer. I dab a little bit on my face before putting on foundation, and I can immediately feel the difference. It is so hydrating and light. It feels good on my skin and I only need a small amount. This product is a keeper!

My go-to eyeshadow palette is the Tartlette version 1. It is small but has 12 super versatile shades. I know I can easily create a smoky night time look or a natural look for the day time. The colors are highly pigmented and I love that I can take this with me if I travel. There are so many color combinations I can use and I love experimenting with this palette. 

I have 30+ liquid lipsticks in my bag, and most of them come from Colour Pop cosmetics. Colour Pop is super cheap, and their lipsticks last all day. The formula goes on smooth, and it isn’t drying at all. I love that they offer so many colors and finishes, including matte, satin, glossy, and blotted. 

I am definitely in love with this eyeliner. It is Stila stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner in jet black. It has a felt marker tip and easily goes on the eyelid. I can do a thick winged look or draw a thin line close to my lashes, either way, I only ever use this eyeliner. There is no smudging and it is super easy to achieve a flawless look!

I would be nowhere without my setting spray. I use the all nighter formula from Urban Decay and it really does set the makeup on my face. It works especially well, for a long day out. I just use a couple sprays and my makeup stays on the whole entire day. It really helps because I touch my face frequently, so now I don’t have to worry about streaks or smudges.

I have so many products that I love, but these 5 are completely worth the money!

I'm a Jersey girl who loves fashion! I also have a passion for reading and writing. I enjoy spending time with family and friends and love trying new things!