courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

This is What You Need To Throw The Best Galentine’s Day Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

If there is a day to celebrate love, shouldn’t there be a day to celebrate friendship? Your gal pals deserve just as much attention as your significant other does this February. Galentine’s Day, commonly celebrated on February 13th, is an important holiday that needs to be done right – here’s how you should do it.

Pick a Fun Theme

Whether it’s a nostalgic sleepover or a fancy meal at your group’s favorite restaurant, there are so many options for planning a great Galentine’s Day party. If you want to get specific you can have a pajama party, a spa day, or a classy brunch, to name just a few examples. It’s important to cater to your audience and do something that you know everyone will enjoy.

Photo by designecologist on unsplash.com

Have Plenty of Activities Lined Up

Depending on the theme you choose for your party, there are all sorts of things that you can do with your friends. You know your friends the best whether they prefer to play silly games, go to a karaoke bar, or watch cheesy movies. Just be sure to make sure that the party is jam-packed so by the end everyone is feeling exhausted but extremely loved and appreciated.

Plan a Photoshoot

Whether you host the party at your place or at a public venue, Galentine’s Day is the perfect time for a fresh photoshoot. You can set up a makeshift photo booth, or you can find places around you that would make for gorgeous backdrops. Throwing in some props or having your girls all dress similarly can make the event more fun as well.

Photo by Arienn on pexels.com

Provide Creative Party Favors

The last time I received a party favor was when I was ten, and I truly miss that. Everyone likes to leave with a little something to remember the great time that they had. Making little desserts or decorating frames for your girlfriends to take home will ensure that they never forget their Galentine’s Day festivities.

Photo by Daria Shevtsova on pexels.com

Make Everything Heart Shaped

What better way to show your love and appreciation for your besties than giving them your heart…shaped treats and gifts? We all like when our pizza is in the shape of a heart or when we receive Conversation Hearts. Anything that looks like a heart or has hearts on it will bring more love into any Galentine’s Day party.

Photo by Pixabay on pexels.com

Your perfect Galentine’s Day party could be very different from the next girl’s, which makes each party fun and unique. Our besties deserve to know how much we love them just as much as our significant others do, and a party celebrating them is just the way to show our love. Galentine’s Day is a big deal, and it’s important to show all gal pals out there that they are too.

I am currently a Journalism Major at Hofstra University with a minor in Creative Writing. I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA, and my dream is to work for a fashion magazine in New York City (basically I want a life like "The Devil Wears Prada"). My interests include fashion, binge watching movies illegally on the internet, and working out every other week or so.