What Her Campus Hofstra is Thankful for

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Thanksgiving is coming up, which means eating all the stuffing and sweet potatoes your stomach can handle…followed by a very long food coma. More importantly, though, Thanksgiving means thinking about all the blessings you have in your life. It means taking the time to say thank you to everyone who brings you love, support and happiness in your life. Here are some of the things that we at Her Campus Hofstra are thankful for.  

Courtesy of Giphy

Note: These responses have been lightly edited for formatting purposes.

“I am thankful for my friends, my family, my health and my opportunity to receive a college education. I’m also thankful for the fact that I get to learn about what I’m passionate about while being surrounded by the people I love.”

-Courtney, Sophomore, Writer for Her Campus Hofstra

“I am thankful for my health, happiness and my amazing family. At Hofstra, I am thankful for all the wonderful people I’ve met, especially those I get to work with within my major.”

-Gabby, Sophomore, Writer and Twitter Editor for Her Campus Hofstra  

“I am thankful that I am able to receive an education. At Hofstra, I am thankful for my friends that I’ve made through all the opportunities I have had at school!”

-Gia, Junior, Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus Hofstra

“I am thankful for my friends here at Hofstra and my friends from home. Even through all the rough times, we’ve stuck together. My inner circle consists of really incredible, loyal, and caring people, and being surrounded by these people has really gotten me where I am today. At Hofstra, and this is not fluff at all, I am really, truly thankful for Her Campus Hofstra and all the girls in it. The organization has given me so many amazing opportunities and I’ve met such a great group of girls through being in the club. I’m so lucky to be a part of it.”

-Madie, Sophomore, Writer and Vice President of Her Campus Hofstra

“I am thankful for all of the good memories I’ve made these past few months. Within Hofstra, I am thankful for my amazing roommate and the group of friends I’ve made!”

-Cecilia, Freshman, Writer for Her Campus Hofstra  

“I am thankful for the fact that I am able to go to school, and for my family and friends. Within Hofstra, I am thankful for all of the friends I have, as well as the opportunity to expand my learning for my career.”

-Courtney, Junior, Writer for Her Campus Hofstra

“I am thankful for my parents! I am also so thankful for all the incredible people I’ve met here at Hofstra.”

-Alissa, Senior, Writer for Her Campus Hofstra  

And I would just like to say that I am so thankful to be a part of Her Campus Hofstra. The amazing E-Board along with all the members work so hard to make this organization the absolute best that it can be. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and don’t forget to go and give your loved ones a million hugs!

Courtesy of Giphy

Katie Pericak

Hofstra '21

Katie is a B.F.A. Theatre Arts Performance major with a Journalism minor at Hofstra University! Along with being a writer for Her Campus, Katie also enjoys crime TV shows, nutella, and naps. She is also still mourning the break-up of One Direction. If anyone knows of any good vegan restaurants anywhere, please let her know ASAP.