This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Glossier has been all over social media for years. With a commitment to “skin first, makeup second,” Glossier makes amazing products that will leave you with a natural, glowing look. In terms of what’s ~worth~ buying from Glossier, their makeup (in my opinion) is far more rave-worthy than their skincare. Their products also aren’t the cheapest, and that could be what’s holding you back from making that sweet first purchase. As someone who was once skeptical of the iconic brand, I can tell you: it’s worth it. So, if you’re really looking to finally check out what all the hype is about, here are the products that are absolutely worth trying. 

Boy Brow ($16)

This is a simple and AMAZING staple product that comes in four colors: clear, blonde, brown and black. If you don’t have a lot of time for makeup in the morning but like to have full brows, buy this IMMEDIATELY! Boy Brow is described as a “grooming pomade,” and doesn’t leave you feeling like your eyebrows are plastered onto your face. All you need is a few swipes on each eyebrow and boom! You’re set.  

Cloud Paint ($18)

This is truly one of my favorite products ever. This “seamless cheek color” is everything. Cream and liquid blush can be pretty daunting, especially if you’ve ever wound up inadvertently looking like a clown after going a little too heavy-handed with the blush. Cloud Paint is buildable and super easy to blend. It comes in six gorgeous shades and will change your opinions on blush forever. 

Balm Dotcom ($12)

Who doesn’t love a nice lip balm! Balm Dotcom comes in eight different flavors, and this cult-favorite skin salve is anything but basic. Some of the balms are even tinted, so you can give your lips the tiniest bit of color without having to commit to reapplying lipstick all day long. This lip balm will keep your lips soft, smooth and hydrated! Say goodbye to chapped lips all winter long!

Lash Slick ($16)

This product is an unsung hero. I ordered one of Glossier’s makeup sets (which by the way, is an amazing deal if you’re looking to try multiple things) and this was the product I was the least excited about. Now, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to my old mascara. It gives volume, isn’t clumpy and makes your lashes look ah-mazing. 10/10 would recommend.

Lidstar ($18)

Finally, a shimmery liquid eyeshadow that won’t crease and flake off your eyelids! Lidstar is the perfect product for someone who loves a natural glowy look, with a little extra sparkle! The longwear shadow comes in six fun shades that are subtle and easy to blend. Check any of them out to make yourself shine even more!

If you love a natural glow, Glossier is the brand for you. Their best-sellers are fan favorites for a reason, and the hype is definitely warranted. Go on and treat yourself to some new makeup or skincare products! You deserve it!

Charisse Kenion (@charissek) on unsplash.com

Micaela is a senior journalism major with a minor in civic engagement. She's known for her love of coffee and being funny online.