The Week Ahead: 4/6/14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hey collegiettes! It’s the most wonderful time of the year (springtime at Hofstra of course)! When you’re not taking pics of the tulips or drinking an iced tea on the quad, make sure to check out the awesome events happening around campus!

Don’t miss “Find Your Passion” hosted by your very own Her Campus Hofstra team this Monday night! Hear from our amazing panelists who are currently working in the TV, radio and magazine industry. They’ll tell you everything you need to know about finding your passion in a fulfilling career, what freelancing is really like, and more. You don’t want to miss this one so join us Monday night at 7:00pm in Plaza Room East!

Seniors, would you know how to handle yourself professionally in a dining atmosphere? If not, it’s time to get classy and attend the etiquette dinner this Tuesday at 6:30pm at the University Club. You’ll get a free three-course meal and learn all the rules of dining with co-workers and bosses. Email Karl.w.koeppel@hofstra.edu to RSVP.

Calling all sushi lovers! Learn how to make your fav food this Wednesday in Plaza Middle room at 11:15am. There will be a sushi chef leading the workshop and you’ll leave the event even hipper than you were when you walked in.

Want your resume looked at but can never make it to the Career Center during normal business hours? Fear not! You can stop by the Career Center this Wednesday night at 6:30pm to have your resume looked at before you send it off to employers for summer jobs and internships!

Have a fabulous week! 

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!