The Week Ahead: 2/25/13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s that time of year when it’s cold, gloomy, and spring break feels like aeons away. Fortunately for us, there is still lots going on at school and in the area to cure our wintertime blues!

This week, celebrate your Hofstra pride! It’s P.R.I.D.E week here on campus, which means there will be tons of different events to attend and take part in. There will be art projects, speakers, interactive workshops and more. All the events will be centered on the five pride principals that make Hofstra the school we love so be sure to get involved! In addition to the events, be sure to “Pay Your Pride Forward”. Student Affairs encourages you to engage in random acts of kindness this week, so go ahead, make someone’s day.

For a full list of events check here!

Looking to have a fun night in on Saturday? Go see the free movie at the student center theater with some friends! Next week they’re showing “Wreck it Ralph” at 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. The Saturday night movies are always an easy way to hang with friends and save money while doing it!

Did you know that the Saltzman Center hosts a Mindfulness and Meditation program every Thursday night? If you’re feeling anxious or stressed this is a perfect way to learn relaxation and coping strategies. The event is from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Call 516-463-6791 for more information.

Have a fabulous week!

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!