The Week Ahead 2/18-2/24

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

THANK YOU, Presidents! If you’re like me, you probably feel like you’ve been in school for months and have been anxiously waiting for this President’s Day break. Well, it’s finally here which means we have time to take a trip home, relax at school, or catch up on the pile of work that’s already made it’s way to our desk. Here are a few ideas on how to make the best of this break and next week! 

Have you still not seen the movies everyone’s been talking about? See the nine best films of the year for only $30 at AMC! The Academy has picked the best nine movies of the year and you can see all of them in one day. Next Saturday is your chance to catch up on many of the Oscar nominated movies before the big show on February 24th.  It’s a great deal on tickets and a perfect way to spend your Saturday! 

This week is Heart Health week at Hofstra. Make sure to stop by the Middle Plaza room on Wednesday from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., for free health screenings! Also don’t miss experts speak about heart issues you should be aware of on Thursday from 12:45-2:00 p.m. in the Middle Plaza room. That night go shoot some “Hoops for Hearts” at 6:00pm in the Fitness Center. 

Check out some of the great events while celebrating Abe and George these next few days and have a fabulous week!

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!