The Week Ahead: 10/28/13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Happy Halloween collegiettes! Since Halloween is one of the best holidays on a college campus, this edition is all about our fav spooky celebration!

Ready to Scream? Catch this free showing at 8:00 pm on Adams quad this Tuesday night. Bundle up and get ready for candy apples, pumpkin carving, hot chocolate and apple cider! This is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween and have a low-key, relaxing night!

Stop by HOLA’s haunted house this Thursday from 11:15 am-12:45 pm in the Plaza Middle Room. Learn about the differences between Dia de los Muertos and Halloween all while enjoying this fun, free event!

Eat cupcakes and celebrate! Thursday night from 7:00-10:00 pm there will be a cupcake decorating contest in Hof USA. Decorate the creepiest cupcake and you may just be the winner of it all! Nothing like a little baking competition to get you in the sprit of Halloween!

We’ll be looking out for our favorite costumes this week so make sure you look your best and you could be featured on the site!

Happy Halloween! 

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!