The Week Ahead: 10/14/13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hey collegiates! Fall is in full swing and so is life on campus. Here is what’s going on this week:

Want to end the gender wage gap and get paid what you deserve? Attend the $tart $mart Workshop this Tuesday from 5:00-8:00 p.m. in the Student Center room 145. This workshop is for college women who want to learn negotiating skills and gain the confidence they need to earn fair compensation. There will also be free food. Nothing better than working towards the advancement of women in society and free refreshments!

Wednesdays are looking up! Another great food event this week, this time from Shake Shack. This Wednesday from 11:15-12:45 in the Student Center, OSLA will be handing out free shirts and food. It’s too good to be true!

Gypsy opens this weekend! Presented by the drama and dance department, Gypsy is a musical about “the ultimate show business mother,” set backstage on the vaudeville and burlesque circuits of the 1920s and ’30s. Be sure to support the department and enjoy a great show. Performances will be this Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Playhouse.

Calling all leaders! The Fall Leadership Conference will be this Saturday from 11 am – 3 pm in the Student Center. This year’s theme is “Stop Stalling, Start Engaging: Putting Your Skills Into Action.” So stop stalling and start developing your leadership skills! The conference is open to all undergrads and is a great way to work on life skills that are sure to help you succeed. Register for the conference here.

Have a fabulous week!

Keegan Bedinger is the new Week Ahead Section Editor. She is a sophomore studying journalism and psychology. Keegan is also a staff member at WRHU and a member of She’s the First on campus. She is very passionate about the field of journalism, Katy Perry and her dog! She’s thrilled to be joining Hofstra’s Her Campus team!