Vans Sneakers You Need To Own If You Don’t Already

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

While white high-top converses used to be a girl’s go-to sneakers, Vans have stolen the spotlight. Vans, commonly recognized as skater shoes, have grown in popularity over the past few years, constantly making appearances on Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram. If you’ve been looking into purchasing a pair of Vans, read along to find out about the trendiest styles and perks of owning your own pair. 

Checkerboard Slip-On Sneakers 

If you haven’t seen checkered Vans by now, you probably live under a rock. Not only are these kicks easy and comfortable to wear but their pattern adds a pop of excitement to any outfit. Checkered slip-ons pair well with jeans and a plain t-shirt, making the shoes the statement piece of the look. Personally, I would pair this footwear with black leggings, a pastel yellow t-shirt, an oversized denim jacket, and my glasses. 

Classic Old Skool Black Vans

Out of all the Vans in this article, this is the pair you absolutely have to have. I have a pair myself and wear them almost every day. They are easy to pair with any outfit and I can confidently say I got my money’s worth out of them. Just like most Vans, they add an edgy vibe to your look, while remaining on the more casual side. It’s pretty impossible to walk around New York and not see these shoes on someone, especially if they are between the ages of 16 and 21. 

SK8 Hi White Vans

SK8 Hi White Vans are not that as common but are just as cute. With every black pair of shoes, a girl needs a white pair as well. These sneakers are similar to the super trendy white high-top converse. I highly recommend these if you have never owned a pair of high-tops before. For these shoes, I would suggest pairing them with black ripped jeans and a tucked in white graphic tee. 

Rose Embroidered Vans 

Embroidered roses have become a trend in and of itself, often appearing on shirts, shorts, jackets, and shoes. Vans with embroidered flowers on them often only come in the classic style. This keeps them authentic in nature but they still harbor a unique flare. I haven’t seen many of these Vans on the streets but I predict they will start popping up everywhere this fall. 

Hey, my name is Ella Marsh and I am currently a freshmen here at Hofstra. I'm really passionate about writing and fashion, but honestly I am just excited to share what I know with you all. Just like everyone, I'm still growing and learning. I know I will learn a lot through my own college experiences and I hope that you are able to learn from them. If I make college or life a little easier or happier for at least one of you, I'll be one happy pup. Thanks again! Peace out for now!