Ultimate New York Fall Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is an amazing time of year. There is so much to do and so much to see in such a short few months. As the beginning of fall has officially passed us, here are some things you shouldn’t leave off your bucket list!

Carve or Paint a Pumpkin

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

There are tons of pumpkin patches on Long Island and you can also find them at local grocery stores. Painting might be a nice alternative if you live in a dorm and don’t want a mess!

Go on a Hayride

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

You can find hay rides all over Long Island in Bay Shore, Huntington, Wading River, Brookhaven, and Cutchogue. Hayrides bring on the full fall experience no matter how old you are!

Make Caramel Apples

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Who doesn’t love candy apples? This is the season to do enjoy them! Grab some friends and let your inner Betty Crocker out!

Visit a Corn Maze

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Corn mazes are always a must during the fall. You could make a day of it with your PSL and besties! There are multiple scattered around the island for all ages.

Rise of the Jack O’ Lanterns in Old Westbury

Photo Courtesy of Rise of the Jack O’ Lanterns

Starting in October, there will be tons of amazing carved pumpkins arranged in Old Westbury. You don’t want to miss this amazing experience! You can also find Night of 1,000 Jack O’ Lanterns in New York City lighting up New York Harbor in October as well.

Fall Fest at Hofstra

Photo Courtesy of Hofstra University Via Instagram

Fall Fest is always great at Hofstra with rides, games and awesome live music. Don’t forget to check out Lil Wayne this year!

Apple Picking

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Apple picking is another awesome thing to do in the fall. There are orchards in various places on Long Island just like corn mazes and pumpkin patches. You can take the apples you get and make those candy apples!

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

Photo Courtesy of Mercy College

Millions of people every year turn on their TV or attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The world’s largest parade takes place on Thanksgiving every year between 9 am and 12 pm. You won’t want to miss this iconic experience.

Leaf Peep in Central Park

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

What is fall without the leaves? Check out Central Park when the leaves start to change to experience a different side of the beauty in NYC.

Visit Oktoberfest in Central Park

Photo courtesy of Pixabay. 

Oktoberfest consists of food, games, entertainment, and fun. They are only in New York for one more week. September 29th through October 2nd from 12 pm to 12 am in NYC on 78th South St.

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.