This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

One Direction: August 4th 2014

If you can handle over 50,000 screaming girls and enjoy pop-rock music, then I would recommend that you attend a One Direction concert. I recently went to their concert on August 4th 2014 at MetLife Stadium and survived the shrieks, heat, and loud surround system; all whilst enjoying the well sung music and the atmosphere of the concert.

One Direction is mostly known for their looks and accents, considering that they are from England and Ireland. However, their music, from their first album “Up All Night” to their third titled “Midnight Memories” has greatly improved, as well as their performance skills.

This tour was titled “Where We Are” and took place all over the world in famous stadiums. Just from the stadium tour itself, it is easy to say that One Direction has made successful progress in their four years of being a band.

As for the concert performance, it was very entertaining and even the slow songs had the crowd on their feet singing and holding up lights, such as the radio hit “Little Things” and an inspiring song about growing up, titled “Don’t Forget Where You Belong.” Some more upbeat songs, such as the One Direction Movie favorite, “Best Song Ever” and the opening song titled after their “Midnight Memories” album, included confetti and fireworks, which caught the eye of everyone viewing the show.

The five boys, Harry Liam, Louis, Zayn and Niall, proved to be amazingly talented, as they would hit high notes perfectly, sang with power, and pumped up the crowd. They were entertaining by dancing while singing (or while another member were singing), interacting with the crowd, making jokes and pulling pranks on one another.

These boys and this show can definitely put a smile on your face and a laugh to your night. Entertaining, this concert certainly was.

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!