Style > Beauty

The Top 3 Best and Worst Makeup Removers You Need To Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

After a long day of classes, extracurricular activities, or even working at your job, all anyone wants to do is change into comfy clothes, take off your makeup and lie in bed. Of course, no one wants to have to vigorously scrub our faces to get off this morning’s makeup! Here are a few of the best and worst makeup removers that college users have experience with:

Best:

1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes 

Photo Courtesy of Target.com

“They’re my absolute favorite makeup wipes in the entire universe. They work for all skin types and makeup comes off so easily.” -Lindsey, sophomore, neuroscience major

2. Yes To Cucumber Facial Towelettes 

Photo Courtesy of Target.com

“I love these makeup wipes so much! As someone who has sensitive skin I needed makeup wipes that wouldn’t make me break out. They leave my face feeling fresh and clean.”- Emily, sophomore, journalism major

3. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser & Waterproof Makeup Remover 

Photo Courtesy of Target.com

“This is my favorite makeup remover ever. It gets off the toughest makeup and leaves my face completely clean.”-Sarah, junior, global studies major

Worst:

1. Elf Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths

“They make my face so greasy, and they shed all over the place! I would look in the mirror and see little pieces of fabric all over my face.” – Hannah, freshman, undecided major

2. Olay Fresh Effects Swipe Out Make-up Remover Towelettes

“These remove little to no makeup. It took me three different wipes to get most off.”- Hailey, senior, psychology major

3. Almay Oil Free Makeup Remover Towelettes

Photo Courtesy of Target.com

“Every time these go near my eyes they are left completely bloodshot. I wish I never bought these.”- Kristen, junior, marketing major

Remember, everyone’s skin type is different! Not everyone will like the same makeup removers, just as not everyone will love the same makeup. You are all unique individuals, find the products that best fit you!