Top 10 Sexiest Beards in Television

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I am solid in my belief that a beard can make any guy sexier. Hell, just look at Drake. He morphed from a Canadian cutie named Aubrey Graham starring in Degrassi to Grammy winning hip hop hottie, all with the help from a little man scruff. Okay, maybe facial hair wasn’t the only reason that Amanda Bynes wants the Toronto native to murder her lady bits yet a beard can certainly up a guys phwoar factor. Just take the king of TV beards himself, Khal Drogo. I would be his Mother of Dragons any day (or night). Anyways, now that we have declared Drogo as the reigning beard lord (sorry Scott Disick), here are the top ten beards ever to grace the silver screen. 

Cal- Orphan Black

Just damn. How in the hell could Sarah leave this guy, who rocks the hell out of the lumber-sexual look? Sarah should have just holed up in his cabin in the woods and let the clone drama become a distant memory.

Alcide- True Blood

It makes sense that Sofia Vergara locked this man meat down. Move over Taylor Lautner, you’re dimples may be charming but the bearded werewolf is here to stay! Slay me sir.

John Snow-Game of Thrones

I’ve always have a soft spot for Kit Harrington’s rugged looks and puppy dog eyes. I don’t know what’s more cuddly, John’s beard or that luscious head of hair. 

Rick Grimes-The Walking Dead

Ok, so I know that Grimes grew out his beard because shaving isn’t ones first priority in a zombie apocalypse, but this former cop wears the wild look well. Stay alive you chiseled assassin, the fate of humanity depends on you and that silver scruff. 

Jack Shephard-Lost

Two words. Bearded doctor. Say no more, I’m yours and I’d pay big bucks be deserted with you Jack. 

Charles Brandon-The Tudors

So he may not have ruled the kingdom but this Duke knows what all the medieval maidens dream about. Stay sexy Henry Cavill and I can’t wait to see you in Batman V. Superman.

Oliver Queen-Arrow

I’ve always thought that blue eyes and a golden stubble were a match made in heaven. And this modern day Robin Hood hits right on target.

Derek Morgan-Criminal Minds

Everything about Derek Morgan can trigger some seriously swooning. Athletic, a total tease with Garcia, and a secret sweetheart, it must be criminal for Derek Morgan to be such a catch. 

House-House

Alright, I know what you’re thinking. House is on the older side and has a habit of being an asshole throughout the series. But come on, he’s still a fox whose an expert on the human anatomy and all of it’s kinks. What more to love?

Preacher-Jesse Custer

I’ll be the first to admit that I have yet to get behind this series, but boy oh boy Jesse Custer gives me one hell of a reason to give it a try. Yes, just yes.

*Feels*

Studying Abroad in Firenze, Italy. Current Vice President and Blog Mentor of Her Campus Hofstra. Contributing Writer and Intern at Inked Magazine. A writer of all things body modification, beards, veganism, and feminism related.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.