Style

Timeless Touches: My Favorite Classic Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Some things just never change, like our love for pizza or the way we light up when we see puppies. Style has developed a lot over the last decade, but some things just never go out of style. Here’s some of our favorite classic accessories that will surely give any look a timeless touch. 

Hoop Earrings 

You can never go wrong with a pair of hoops earrings. My favorite time to wear them is with an updo, but they look just as great with your hair down. They can be big or small in size, gold or silver in color, but they have the same effect. They add sophistication to the outfit. Hoop earrings haven’t gone out of style yet and probably never will.

Handbags 

Us women need a place to keep our things when we go out. Whether it’s a night out with friends, or a date with the cutie from Tinder, a leather handbag is the perfect way of keeping all our belongings together, as it was for women before us. 

Sunglasses 

Some people wear sungless to block the sun from their eyes while at the beach or driving a car. Others use sunglasses to make a fashion statement. Despite what the sunnies are used for, every woman must own at least one pair. We love our sunnies! 

Black Pumps 

As we all know, black goes with (almost) anything. These multi-use heels are a classic accessory that have only gotten better and better as time has gone on. Pair your go-to black pumps with dress pants for an interview, a dress for a night out, or even jeans and a blouse for the perfect look. Whether we’re going for business casual or professional, black pumps always do the job. Not to mention, they’re super cute!

Riding Boots 

Also in the shoe realm is a pair of riding boots- or two, or three, or four. With so many colors to choose from, it’s no wonder that women own a few different styles of riding boots: there’s black, chesnut, light brown, dark brown– you name it! These boots come up to just below the knee, perfect with a pair of leggings, jeans, or a casual fall dress. 

These classic accessories have been popular in the fashion world for years, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add your own spin to these timeless pieces. Style is about being YOU. These pieces have yet to go out of style; they’re classics! Get your hands on them and start working these timeless accessories the way you want to. 

Marisa is a senior English major at Hofstra University. She loves dancing, writing, and helping others.