This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

TikTok’s rising popularity has made it easier for people to spread and consume information. The increase in educators and professionals from different business sectors joining the platform demonstrates that TikTok can be more than just an app to lip-sync to music. As more people take to the app to share their information, TikTok can become a modern resource for professional and casual content once you find the right people. Here is a list of TikTokers that we can all learn a little more from.

David Paykin (@corporatelife)

David Paykin describes himself as “A human helping fellow humans,” and his TikTok seeks to do just that. His account is all about college and career advice, from landing the most competitive roles to appropriately negotiating salary offers. He also provides free templates for cover letters, resumes and networking emails, and goes live on his TikTok account every day to answer questions. His links can be useful resources for college students worried about navigating the ever-changing job market.

Jules Suzdaltsev (@jules_su)

Jules Suzdaltsev is a producer, journalist and on-air host. His TikTok account covers current events and explains topics such as wealth inequality, healthcare, communism versus socialism and more. Suzdaltsev is a good foundation resource for learning about these issues, and he provides all of his sources to encourage further research.

Lisi Maldonado (@screenwriterlisi)

Lisi Maldonado, otherwise known as @screenwriterlisi, is a sex, fetish, and kink expert sharing her knowledge with her TikTok followers. Her content explains different types of fetishes and sexualities, and she includes personal anecdotes around topics of toxic relationship dynamics and self-worth. For anyone interested in learning about sexuality and sexual expression, Maldonado’s TikTok is a great place to start.

Kennedy (@cozy.games)

Kennedy is a self-described “cozy gamer” that focuses her TikTok content on recommending and playing fun and stress-free video games on a variety of platforms. Dispersed between other cozy topics, like her tea collection, Kennedy shares game recommendations for the romantics, the beginners and the wannabe chefs, and has created a spreadsheet of all the games she’s recommended or waiting to review. While the mainstream video game industry focuses on strategy or fast-paced shooting games, Kennedy’s content is a much-needed break that proves that there’s a game for everyone.

For Your Rotation (@foryourrotation)

For Your Rotation is a TikTok account that’s all about introducing people to new music artists. Instead of randomly listing artists in their videos, the account recommends musicians based on a person’s established interests. For example, they recommend artists like Kacy Hill, Brika, and mxmtoon to Billie Eilish fans due to the similarities in their sounds. The account also highlights the producers and writers behind popular songs and provides Spotify playlists for the music they recommend on their account. This is an easy way to expand your music taste and find new artists to follow before concerts (hopefully) start being announced in the near future.

TikTok is a great way to learn new things or entertain yourself for hours at a time. From dancing, cooking and makeup to news resources and professional advice, the platform is continuing to expand and provide a variety of information to its audience. The next time you find yourself on TikTok, check out the news, advice, personal anecdotes and recommendations that these accounts share with their followers, and see what other resources you can discover on the app.

Alia Ervin

Hofstra '22

Alia Ervin is a senior Public Relations major and Spanish minor at Hofstra. She enjoys poetry, a good bagel and writing for Hofstra's HC chapter!