Wellness

These Personality Quizzes are Actually Super Important

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finals are coming up, which means we’ll face our favorite and least favorite thing: procrastination. There’s no kind of procrastination like binging on personality tests until your computer dies, so you might as well learn something from the tests you’re taking. Here are the personality tests that might teach you something actually important about yourself, unlike the Buzzfeed one you just took that told you what plant would look most like you if we all moved to Mars. #noshade

Project Evo Brain Type Assessment™

Project Evo may be another personalized planner website, but their hand-crafted, scientifically based Brain Type Assessment™ will tell you literally everything you’ve ever wanted to know about your professional and personal work style. After taking the test – completely free, by the way – you’ll find out if you’re considered an Oracle, Alchemist, Explorer, or Architect, and then your strengths, weaknesses, and ways to maximize workflow, positivity, and overall happiness. You’ll also find out what brain types you work best with and which famous, successful people share your brain type. (Michelle Obama is an Architect, just saying.)

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

If you’ve ever heard anyone claim themselves to be an “ENFJ” or “ISTP,” that’s referring to this super-famous, classic personality test. The Myers-Briggs theory is that there are 16 different personality types, all made up of a four-letter combination of eight elements: Extraversion (E) vs. Introversion (I), Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N), Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F), and Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P). This may seem like a lot, but your personal four-letter combination can open your eyes to many different facets of your personality and why you behave the way you do.

Co-Star Birth Charts

This may seem a little hokier than the previous tests but humor us. Whether or not you strongly believe in astrology, your birth chart can reveal seriously enlightening pieces of yourself that you may not even realize. Ever thought about why you get angry instead of cry at overwhelming situations? Maybe you have an Aries Moon. You’ll just have to download the app to find out what that means. (P.S.- their Instagram will give you major #relatable vibes)

The 5 Love Languages®

Sometimes it can feel like you and your partner aren’t on the same page, so this test, especially if you both take it, will tell you exactly what you need out of your relationship and how you can best communicate love to each other. It’s also super fun to say, “babe, my love language is Acts of Service, can you please switch my laundry to the dryer?”

VIA Character Strengths Survey

Similar to the Project Evo test, this personality test will map out your greatest strengths, but this time about you and your character, personally. The end of the test will provide you with a 24-item list of your character strengths from strongest to weakest. What’s great about this test is that your 24th strength is not a weakness, it’s just a strength that is not as strong as the others. Don’t worry, you don’t have to pay the $20 for your report, just make an account and scroll down, the list is free!

If you’re going to procrastinate, it might as well be productive procrastination. There’s nothing wrong with finding out which short-haired Hollywood “Ryan” might be your true love if you were a Cheetah Girl, but looking a little deeper into yourself may be just what the doctor ordered. Happy “studying!”

Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!