Theatre Thursday: Invisible Thread

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.
A New Musical is gaining high acclaim in the theatrical world. “Invisible Thread” at Second Stage Theater is the story of Griffin, a 20-something New Yorker who goes to Uganda to volunteer at a religious compound. Inspired by the real experiences of Griffin Matthews “Invisible Thread” has been described as a “musical [with] a good heart” (StarTribune) and has a score that “is bold, fresh and catchy.” (TimeOut NY) 

“Determined to find his place in the world, 20-something Griffin leaves his job and his New York City apartment to volunteer for a charity in Africa. But when his altruistic aspirations collide with the real world, his life is changed in unexpected and profound ways. Inspired by a true story, this rousing new musical infuses a world pop score with African beats in an electrifying journey about discovering whether changing the world is even possible.” (2st.com) 
Tony winner Diane Paulus directs the new Off-Broadway musical “Invisible Thread”, which officially opened Dec. 2 at Second Stage Theatre. Read what the critics have to say! Directed by Tony winner Diane Paulus the Off-Broadway musical “Invisible Thread”, officially opened Dec. 2 at Second Stage Theatre. Among the cast of “Invisible Thread” are Broadway performers Latrisa Harper (The Color Purple), Aisha Jackson (Beautiful: The Carole King Musical), Corey Mach (Hands on a Hardbody) and Jamard Richardson (The Book of Mormon)
I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.