Thanksgiving Treats To Make with Your Friends and Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Since I’m not a big meat eater, the dessert portion of Thanksgiving is my favorite. Not only do I enjoy eating them, but I really enjoy making them too. It’s fun to bond with your family and friends from home after being away at school for a few months! There are so many fun and easy treats you can make that don’t require any prior baking experience at all. Whether you’re baking for a Friendsgiving or family dinner, these four sweet treats will bring smiles to everyone’s faces.  

1. Turkey Legs

How adorable are these things? Rice Krispies are so easy to make, they can be done with little brothers and sisters. These turkey legs are bound to be the best tasting treat at your Thanksgiving!

2. Mini Pumpkin Pies

This twist on a classic pumpkin pie is a great way to change things up. These mini pies are super easy to eat and everyone can have their own personal one. You’ll want to make sure you have enough because everyone is bound to want at least one! You can also make this recipe with mini apple pies as well to add another option to the table. 

3. Thanksgiving Oreo Truffles

I love making Oreo truffles during every holiday because they are just so delicious, everyone loves them. This treat can be made into little pumpkins, acorns or even turkeys, to fit the festive theme! 

4. Thanksgiving Caramel Pretzel Bites

Chocolate, caramel, and pretzels are a perfect flavor combination. Whip up this quick treat with Hersey Kisses and some fall M&M’s to create a beautiful masterpiece that will also taste amazing! You could even add in peanut butter for a different flavor.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.