Sunday Brunch: Sunday in Brooklyn Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

There are quite a few brunch places around New York City and it can be tough to find the best place to eat on a Sunday. As I surfed social media, Instagram to be exact, I came across a place in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, called Sunday in Brooklyn. The pictures from other food bloggers caught my eye. Within a few hours I did research and found out where the restaurant was located, reviews about the food, and what all the hype was. 

My food review on Sunday in Brooklyn – Williamsburg, Brooklyn

When I arrived at Sunday in Brooklyn it was on a quiet Friday morning. The place wasn’t crowded, but I presume it is on the weekend. My advice is to get there early. They open around 10-11 am, so wake up and get yourself there! 

As I sat down in the corner right next to the door, I noticed the place was pretty small but clean. I didn’t know at first they had an upstairs and third floor where they host private parties. I took note. The environment was cozy and my waiter was very helpful. He brought water to the table to start and asked if I wanted sparkling or still — fancy! I ordered an orange juice. 

It took a bit longer than expected to get the food, but when it arrived, I didn’t care about how long I had to wait. The food was amazing! I went with my boyfriend and he ordered the Malted Pancakes and I ordered the Cheddar Scrambled

They take the time to cook their food and it does show — it was cooked to perfection. The pancakes were fluffy, round, and the syrup was glazed with a slight buttery flavor. The cheddar scrambled included a seasoned cooked avocado, home fries, and toast with butter. It was just the right amount of each. I was full by the end of the meal. The head chef and owner came over to the table and kindly asked our thoughts. I’m a huge believer that customer service is key to new guests so that put the icing on the cake for me.

As a fan favorite of brunch food, I would recommend this spot to anyone looking for a good brunch food in the area of Williamsburg. 

Sunday in Brooklyn has a brunch, dinner, and drink menu located on their website. During the summer of this year, it’s noted on their site that they have access to a rooftop garden which is pretty awesome. The restaurant is open to having large gatherings located on the second and third floor, where you have an overview of the Manhattan skyline. I’m excited to go next time and check it out. 

If you’re a food lover, need a place to get brunch in Brooklyn, or interested in new restaurants around the city this place should be on that list. Check it out, take a cool food picture, hashtag using #sundayinbrooklyn because they will like it, and enjoy.