This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Jaleah Henderson

Year: Freshman

What she’s wearing:

Top: Nasty Gal

Shorts: Forever 21

Flower crown: Forever 21

Body chain: Ebay

Sandals: Ebay

How would you describe your style?

I would say its kind of unorthodox. I do what I want and wear what I want. I don’t try and follow any trends because I don’t really care about what they are doing.

Has your style always been unorthodox? Was there ever a moment where you realized you could be yourself and reflect who you were through your style?

Pretty much all throughout high school I used to get sent home almost everyday for dress code violations. There was never really an exact turning point. I’m usually edgy and free about what I wear. I’ve always felt I could express myself through fashion. And I always stick to less is more!

Do you have a favorite places to shop?

Ebay! I love it so much. It literally has everything and it’s way cheaper because it comes straight from China.

Have any tips for shopping online?

It’s really time consuming. Be patient because everything goes on sale. I spend half the day online shopping but it’s worth it because I get many bargains.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!