Stop what you’re doing! Beyoncé is back.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

“Break My Soul” Now available on all music platforms TODAY.

Yes, you read that correctly. Queen Bey herself is back in action.  Four words, Beyoncé please break our soul! 

On Tuesday, June 21, the first day of summer, Beyoncé released her first song on her album Renaissance. All we can say at Her Campus Hofstra is “wow!” Pop culture and entertainment journalist Justin Sylvester said it best to TODAY’s Hoda and Jenna, “Of course! This women is going to steal a whole season.” 

Did anyone else notice how all artists are giving the pop queen room to do her thing? Drake, Lizzo and Post Malone all released trendy new music last week, but this happened on new music Friday. Now, about four days later, Beyoncé drops her first song AND it doesn’t have to compete with other artists’ releases. Is everyone giving her the room to release without interruption? 

The tune is vivacious and it makes you want dance. It is a perfect hit to kick off summer 2022. Following a near three years of a pandemic, we all need a beat to help us regain some serotonin.

Due on July 29th, Beyoncé is expected to drop the Renaissance album. The album is rumored to contain sixteen tracks. All songs currently are only titled “track” followed by the number. 

Until we can all hit the club and join the #beyhive for #summer2022 go give “Break My Soul” a listen on repeat.
Please. Seriously!

Max Coven

Hofstra '23

Max is a senior journalism major looking to break into entertainment news. He loves to discuss trending TikTok dances, social media changes, and award show season. It has always been his dream to report on live tv.