Steal Her Look: Dutch-Style Hair Crown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

A new hair trend that seems to be grabbing people’s attention is the Dutch-style braided hair crown. After seeing the look on the always lovely Scarlett Johansson at ‘The Avengers’ London premiere , I though it would be good to try out the look.

However, I’m not crazy about the look of the braid going around the front of the head, to me it looks a little strange. So, thanks to the help of my lovely suite mate, we recreated the look keeping the front of the hair simple. Check out how it turned out and how you can create it yourself:

For more celeb-inspired and DIY beauty tutorials, visit Laurel’s blog, Allure à la Carte.

Grace Gavilanes is a rising junior at Hofstra University majoring in English and Journalism. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism and, eventually, in English Education. Grace is super driven and has many goals that she is positive will be made into reality. This Queens native enjoys drinking bubble tea and dancing in the rain!