The Stages of Watching One Direction’s Perfect Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

In case you are unaware, or are not roommates with a dedicated One Direction fan, they released their music video to their new single, Perfectwithout any warning last night. Yes, no warning. We estimate thousands of fangirls had heart attacks. Our prayers are with them as we replay the music video over and over again. These are the stages that occurred during that exciting time.

You read on Twitter that One Direction’s Perfect music video has been randomly dropped.

You have a heart attack as you think “How could they not give us a warning? Do they want us to die?”

Then you realize that they also dropped their single Drag Me Down in the middle of the night. So you’re at least thankful that you’re not asleep.

You frantically search YouTube as your fingers shakingly press the keys.

You may have typed “prefect”, “pefect”, “perfcte” before your brain was like, “Get it together, woman!”

Waiting for the video to buffer was hands down the longest two minutes of your life.

The anxiety stage sets in. You have no idea what you’re about to witness.

The first shot of Louis in black and white, standing in front of the beaming sun rays, looking like an angel, gives you all hope that this indeed will meet any expectation you have of a great video.

Are they in a city, looking out from a penthouse, being all sultry and serious?? Aesthetic AF.

Yes, sing it Liam. Sing it to me. Pour your heart out.

WHY IS NIALL PLAYING GOLF? I LOVE THIS. I LOVE HIM. YEAH, YOU PLAY GOLF, NIALL!

Harry, dear lord. How can you make leaning against a window look so sexy? Brb as I throw myself out of that window.

Yes. The stylist. Just yes. All praise the stylist for this video. Also their hair is on point.  Props to everyone!

You feel the air escaping from your body as you excitingly see the boys chilling together and having fun. This is all you’ve wanted to see since the X-Factor days on the stairs.

You see your roommate looking over at you having a moment and you’re like:

WAIT, CAN I ALSO PLAY SOCCER (sorry, futbol) WITH YOU GUYS??

Then you wonder if Harry is throwing shade at Taylor Swift, but you push that out of your mind because we all pretend that didn’t happen.

Your goosebumps get goosebumps as the video is matching perfectly with the mood of the song. This video is all you want to see for the next 24 hours.

You’re pretty sure that this video is causing you health problems. But you guess if you die, this is how you’d want to go.

Okay One Direction, yes. You are perfect for me. You don’t have to tell me twice.

The video ends and you realize that you love them more than you did before. Who knew that was even possible?

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.