jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Stages of Being Single On Valentine’s Day (in GIFs)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Being single on valentines day can be the best or worst thing, but that depends on having the right attitude.

You wake up realizing there is no class to rush to and work gave you the day off. It may be freezing outside, but the comfort and warmth of your bed keeps you under the covers.

After spending a decent amount of hours in bed, you decide it’s time to brave the cold for food.

Finally you enter the student center to be surrounded by the masses, couples included. It had slipped your mind it was Valentine’s day.

Now you have to fight through the crowd to get your daily dose to wake up.

Time to actually eat a meal so you reluctantly step in line behind a couple who is expressing heavy PDA.

Luckily you did not throw up and were able to calmly get through the line to buy your food. You’re about to leave when you see a fellow single gal pal.

After food has been consumed, you both decide to head to meet up with some friends. You may not have a guy to spend the day with, but you know you are the bomb.

You’re back at the dorm with friends ready to get on Netflix, because let’s face it, Netflix is always there for you.

Many shows and movies later some of your friends have plans with their S.O.’s so they have to leave.

You see your friends freak out about getting ready, giving the gift, and whether their S.O. will like the gift. You are relieved you avoid that stress.

The remaining survivors are left and it’s time to bust out the music and the dance moves.

After all, who needs a guy when you have wine.

At the end of the day you have survived the onslaught of romance. It wasn’t as bad as you expected but you made it! As you brush your teeth and get in bed you’re relieved the day has passed. Until next year.

Valentines day is great but it shouldn’t be the only day you show love. If you have a significant other or not, every day your friends, family and yourself should spread and show love. One day shouldn’t dictate that.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Current sophomore at Hofstra University majoring in journalism.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!