St. Patty’s Day Events Near Hofstra University

With St. Patrick’s Day coming up fast, Hofstra spent the past week celebrating with a bunch of fun events catered to the Hofstra Community. To keep the celebration going, here are some events in the local area that you can take advantage of!

1. St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

When is it?

March 21st, 2015: 11:00AM to 5:00PM

Where is it?

Old Bethpage Village Restoration: 1303 Round Swamp Road, Old Bethpage

What’s it all about?

Brought to you by Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano, this celebration will have tons of entertainment! There will be live music, tasty food and a Birds of Prey presentation fromTackapausha Museum. Admissions and parking are free, so all that’s left to do is have fun!

2. Rockville Centre St. Patrick’s Day Parade

When is it?

March 21st, 2015: Starting at 12:00PM

Where is it?

The parade will be marching down Maple Avenue from Long Beach Road to Quealy Place

What’s it all about?

This will be the 19th Annual Rockville Centre St. Patrick’s Day Parade! The route outlined for this year’s parade runs from the corner of Long Beach Rd and Maple Avenue, continuing down Maple and making a right at North Park Avenue, then a left at College Place merging onto Quealy Place, passing St. Agnes and making a left onto North Village Avenue and finally ending with a right onto Washington.

For more information about the history of the parade and how to get involved, visit their site.

3. McHebe's Presents St. Patrick’s Day

When is it?

March 17th, 2015: Doors open at 4:00PM

Where is it?

McHebes, 722 Fulton Ave, Hempstead

What’s it all about?

If family fun and parades aren’t your thing, here’s a little something just for you! If you want to party it up on St. Patty’s Day, think about visiting the local bar, McHebes. Music for the special event will be by DJ Rob Vee and Freddie Andrews. Being only about a 5 minute walking distance from Hofstra, McHebes is where everyone goes to get their drink on!

For more information about McHebes or their St. Patrick’s Day celebration, you can visit their Facebook page.