Some Hanukkah Treats You Can Make in Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The holiday season is officially among us, and although finals may be getting the best of us, there are still ways to lift our spirits. Sweet treats are a perfect way to get out of the finals funk. Hanukkah is typically known for fried foods, but that could take a lot of work. You could still fulfill the theme and have some fun with these Hanukkah treats that you could easily make in your dorm. 

No-Bake Dreidels 

Dreidel is the frequently played game during Hanukkah, so why not make them edible? All you need is pretzel rods, marshmallows, Hershey kisses, and melted chocolate or icing for coating and decor. These don’t need any baking and can be a super fast way to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Hanukkah Sugar Cookies

Sugar cookies are always a good go-to. If you don’t have time to make your own dough, get pre-made cookies and some blue and white icing, and you’re all set. If decorating isn’t for you, you can always cut them out into menorahs, dreidels, or stars. 

Cake Pops

Cake pops are all about the decor.  Since it’s dorm room treats, you can buy pre-made cake for these. Combine the cake and frosting, cover the pops and decorate them with Hanukkah symbols. These are sure to amp up the Festival of Lights.

Hanukkah Chocolates

All you neeed for these are molds in the shapes you want, any type of melting chocolate, and a refrigerator. These are easy to share and will kick that chocolate craving for sure. 

There you have it; simple sweet treats to make in the comfort of your own dorm. Chag Hanukkah Sameach, or Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating. 

I'm a Jersey girl who loves fashion! I also have a passion for reading and writing. I enjoy spending time with family and friends and love trying new things!