woman taking pictures near handrail
woman taking pictures near handrail
Tamara Bellis/Unsplash

Ranking of the Best Snapchat Filters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Snapchat filters—we all love them, we all use, and we all have our favorites. Whether you’re having a bad hair day or just rolled out of bed, or if you’re looking fabulous and want to document the look with a cute bunny filter, Snapchat has the technology to make that happen. Here’s a list of our top four favorite Snapchat filters!

Frowny Face – #4

Are you ever having an incredibly awful day, but just don’t know how to express it in words? Then this is the filter for you! Who knew a frowning face could be so unsettlingly cute? Spilled juice on your new Ikea rug? Bomb that midterm you studied all night for? Frowny face!

Courtesy of KeyWordHut

Butterfly crown – #3

Similar to the flower crown in concept and form, this golden headset of fluttering butterflies makes for a perfect sun-kissed glow that just screams summertime. The butterfly crown seems to make any imperfection melt away—it’s the perfect filter to showcase natural beauty!

Courtesy of Daily Mail

Flower crown – #2

If you want a selfie that will make you feel like the queen that you are, the flower crown filter is for you. This lovely ring of pink, white, and yellow is capable of making any face glow. Talk about slaying.

Courtesy of Teen Vogue

Puppy Filter – #1

The most basic of the basic, but still at the top of our list of favorites. Ah, the dog filter. The hallmark of Snapchat filters, the very best of the best. The filter that has stuck around since the very beginning. Scroll through anyone’s latest stories or even through your Instagram feed, and you’re bound to find at least one of these adorably wet-nosed puppy selfies. 

Courtesy of Pinterest 

What do all of these selfies have in common? They all make me want to job on Snapchat ASASP—I’m feeling a photo-op coming on!