Profile: Tara Fechtig

Tara Fechtig

Hometown: Levittown, NY

Year: Junior

Major: Accounting

What made you choose Hofstra?

“I grew up not too far from it and passed it fairly often. I honestly thought I would never go there because I was set on going away to school, but when it came down to it, Hofstra offered more [money] than any other school. Plus, being with my family is pretty cool!”

What made you choose your major?

“I know it sounds weird, but I really love math so accounting is awesome for me!”

Best memory at Hofstra?

“Going to the debate,” Tara was one of the lucky ones selected to recieve a ticket by the lottery system, “It was pretty cool! I mean to be honest it was a really long day and I’m not super into politics so I feel like other people would’ve liked it more, but I met Mark Cuban so that was really cool!”

Plans after college:

“Hopefully I will become a CPA, Certified Public Accountant, and be working for a firm in NYC.”

Favorite vacation?

“Jamaica 2015 because it was the first vacation I went on without my parents. It was just me and my older sister so it was cool being on our own to explore.”

Are you looking forward to graduation?

“Yes and no; yes, because I’m excited to finally be done with school, but no because I’m scared to actually enter the adult world since I’m afraid I’ll have no clue what I’m doing.”

Favorite TV show:

Bob’s Burgers

Guilty pleasure:

Taco Bell

Favorite menu item from Taco Bell?

Crunch wrap supreme and a Baja Blast

Favorite singer/band:

Nick Jonas or Shawn Mendes

What’s the best concert you’ve been to?

Jonas Brothers World Tour 2009

Taylor is a Junior at Hofstra University, majoring in Journalism and double minoring in English and Political Science. Hofstra is the third college she has attended and she plans on it being her last! She is a self-proclaimed cupcake connoisseur and Netflix enthusiast. She can often be found in a mountain of pillows, sipping hot tea or obsessing over how cute her dog is. If she isn't cocooned in blankets, she is probably at the softball field or sitting on a beach somewhere. Taylor is an aspiring writer and editor, and although she isn't exactly sure where she will be after college she hopes to one day work for a magazine and publish children's books.