Profile: Kenton Scott ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Kenton Scott

Year: Junior

Hometown: Carrollton, TX

Major/Minors: TV Writing and Producing, minoring in Poli-Sci and Rhetoric

What are you involved in on campus?

Producer of Thursday Nite Live, HahaHofstra (the stand up comedy club), and Club Ultimate Frisbee team.

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

Obviously I came for Dizzy’s and McHebe’s. Now that they’re gone I have nothing to live for.

In all seriousness though, I came because they tricked me into thinking NYC was actually only 40 minutes away.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Macklemore, Thrift Shop.

Best class you’ve taken at Hofstra?

Politics of the Middle East

What is the best concert/show/play you’ve ever been to?

I waited in line all day for Childish Gambino a couple years ago and was in the front row. I almost cried and then some other kids started trying to mosh and people beat them up. It was beautiful.

Have you ever had an interesting celebrity encounter?

Yeah, actually, last week I was going to get some groceries for my internship and I bumped into Pete Davidson from SNL. I was listening to Ginuwine so it felt like the beginning of a rom-com. I didn’t get his number though. He was like “Oh sorry bro” and then helped me up and I cried in the isle.

I saw Michelle Trachtenberg come to my internship last week. She walked in with a huge fur coat and it was like 75 degrees that day. She was holding a red solo cup full of wine that she sipped with her pinky up. Then she talked about how she never wears white shirts and I was just like come on Ice Princess you need to chill.

3 Fun Facts About Yourself.

I’ve been to two Taylor Swift concerts, I have Kanye’s new album memorized, and I drive a smart car.

What advice would you give to an incoming freshman?

My advice would be just to be a cool, fun person. It’s really not hard and you’d be amazed how many more opportunities will open up if you can just relax and smile sometimes.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Honestly I have no idea. I know I want to see myself succeeding in the comedy game and living on a yacht with my comedy albums playing on repeat, but Michael Scott had that same dream and he only worked for Dunder Mifflin. I guess I see myself selling over-priced paper in Pennsylvania.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.