Profile: Julianne Brackman ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Julianne Brackman

Class: Senior

Major: Accounting BBA/MS

Hometown: Farmingdale, NY

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

My dad and my sister went to Hofstra, and they absolutely loved it, so I had to continue the family tradition!

What’s your favorite TV show?

Scandal

Where do you see yourself after graduation?

I see myself as an accountant, working my way up to owning my own firm after I take my CPA exam.

How do you handle the stress of the BBA/MS program?

When I get overwhelmed, I bake something. It makes me feel better and takes my mind off things and helps me start fresh when I’m done.

What is one fact everyone should know about you?

I love my dogs more than anything, and they are literally my daughters.

What is your best piece of advice for freshman who want to follow your path?

Go into college with an open mind, and don’t let people convince [you] to change [your] major. Every time I tell people that I study accounting, they sarcastically say good luck and tell me it’s a hard and impossible major, but I’m happy I never listened to them. It is hard, but it’ll be worth it.

Jersey girl. Senior Accounting major at Hofstra University. Treasurer for Hofstra's Her Campus chapter. Raven loves entertainment, fashion, and fitness, and has a true passion for journalism. Be sure to check out her favorite form of social media, Pinterest: /ravenjtak
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.