Profile: Jazara Morales ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Meet Jazara! She is a music merchandising major and accounting major from Philidelphia. She is also the president of Hofstra’s Strictly Steppin!

Name: Jazara Morales

Year: Junior

Hometown: Philadelphia

Major/Minors: Music Merchandising, minor: Accounting

What are you involved in on campus?

President of strictly Steppin and Treasurer of Hofstra Gospel Ensemble

What made you decide to come to Hofstra?

When I visited the summer before I applied I instantly fell in love with campus life and the suburban feel

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Vibrant, Determined, passionate

Favorite on campus food?

Broccoli and cheddar soup from Au Bon Pain

Most played song?

Party in the USA- Miley Cyrus and Bootylicious -Destiny’s Child

What’s your strangest talent?

I can wiggle my ears lol

Favorite inspirational quote.

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style” – Maya Angelou

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.