This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hometown: Silver Spring, MD

Year: Undergraduate Sophomore

Major: Community Health

What organizations are you involved in on campus? 

I’m involved in De Moda Fashion Club, Sigma’cappella, and AMWA: American Medical Women’s Association.

Favorite thing about Hofstra?

My favorite thing about Hofstra is the campus. It is so beautiful in every season of the year.

What do you do on the weekends?

On the weekends, I enjoy hanging out with my friends. We usually go to the mall or adventure in the city.

Why do you love Sigma’cappella?

I love Sigma’cappella because it is my musical outlet at Hofstra. I’ve been singing since age 5 and throughout my childhood, I really began developing a deeper love for music. I participated in various choirs, took voice lessons, and piano lessons. When I came to college, I wanted a unique experience and I found this in Sigma.

Favorite spot on campus?

My favorite spot on campus is the Law Library. I only discovered it last semester, but I find it extremely fascinating and it’s a great place to study when Axinn is too crowded!

Why did you choose Hofstra?

I chose Hofstra because of the diversity among students and educators. I come from a very diverse background and knew I wanted my college experience to mirror that. I was also happy with Hofstra’s proximity to the city and Jones Beach. I get the ‘best of both worlds’.

What are some of your future career goals?

I aspire to become a Health Lawyer. I want to be an advocate for people facing major health issues not solely in the U.S. but around the world.

How would you describe your style?

I’d describe my style as Boho Chic. I’ve realized that I tend to incorporate black and denim into most of my outfits. Then, in addition to those items, I’ll add either a pattern or another color. In regards to jewelry, I love gold. You’ll typically see me wearing my gold nameplate necklace, a thin chain necklace, or hoops.

Go to Starbucks order?

My go to Starbucks order is an Iced Chai Latte.

What are your beauty must haves?

My beauty must haves are a highlighter, mascara, and lip gloss!

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.